Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Is It August Yet?

Today Ryan left for his last summer at Notre Dame. I'm really excited he'll be done with his masters degree in August and equally bummed he'll be gone for two and a half months. After two deployments you'd think such a short time would seem like nothing, but I've been spoiled having him home and wish UND was next door! There's an obviously huge difference this time around, I'll be playing the role of single parent. AHHHHHH!
Those of you who take care of a child/children on your own full time or have had the opportunity thanks to the army, please offer any words of wisdom you've gleaned from these experiences! My biggest fear is not getting a break at the end of the day and on weekends. Delaney is a lovely child, and like all babies has the power to make me crazy after several hours of fussiness. How do you regroup when there's no one to relieve you? I guess after a few weeks I'll have figured it out, but in the meantime any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
There are a few things I'm looking forward to during the summer: several visits to South Bend, a trip to see family and a few visitors heading my way, mostly to see Delaney ;) Hopefully, time will fly and August will be here before we know it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to see if you can find any play groups it would be great for her and help tire her out. And of course for you too!!!

MNGramB said...

I know you'll do great! I already seen it in you. We will see you in just a couple weeks. How long can you put up with me there? ;)

Jackie: said...

I think that is cool idea Nick, but do they have play groups for kids who can't walk?

My neighbor down in KY made sure to take Mikey out somewhere at least once a day (she loved Kohls). He loved riding in the car and being in the store watching all the people. It will get you and her out of the house. If you just sit in the house all day you will go crazy.

Anonymous said...

Yes they start them really young. It helps them learn to play with others and share.
Its also great for the moms!!

Briana said...

I think a girl at my church mentioned something about one so I'll have to get more info from her. D doesn't play all that much, at least with other people, but it would be good for her to get accustomed to being around other babies. Thanks for the idea!

Amanda said...

Briana:

I love catching up with you via blog! I love all your postings and pics of the little sweet pea.

Miss You,
Amanda

Anonymous said...

or call me, i'll come to babysit. :)(\

Val